1. Kindly note that 4 posts are currently being advertised in the Dept of Science, Mathematics and Technology Education, University of Pretoria: 1 Lecturer, 1 Senior Lecturer, 1 Associate professor and 1 Professor. Details available under Careers@UP on the UP website.
2. Post Doctoral Posts in Mathematics Education, School of Education at the University of the Witwatersrand and University of Stellenbosch. "Developing mathematical identities" is a research and development project working with grde 8 and 9 learners in after school mathematics clubs ...... Click here for further information
3. The PCK group at the Marang Centre for Mathematics and Science Education in the School of Education at the University of the Witwatersrand has received a grant from the National Research Foundation. They wish to make two post-doctoral appointments to work on a grant with the following aims:
- ·to empirically clarify the nature of the construct of Topic Specific PCK and its link to content knowledge.
- ·to achieve a clear picture of the level and trajectory of topic specific PCK of the secondary science teaching force in South Africa in a variety of science topics,
- ·to carry out interventions to improve Topic Specific PCK with pre service and in-service teachers
- ·study the transfer from knowledge to practice and ultimately the link between Topic Specific PC and student outcomes.
- ·to make important links to teacher development and produce important artefacts relevant to practice.
Qualifications and Conditions:
Postdoctoral applicants must have:
- completed a doctoral degree in either mathematics or science education within the last five years.
- interest and/or expertise in one of the above areas.
Enquiries: Phone: (011) 717 3265; Fax: 0865167237