ANNOUNCING THE 27TH CONFERENCE OF THE SOUTHERN AFRICAN ASSOCIATION FOR RESEARCH
IN MATHEMATICS, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN)
Venue: Elangeni Hotel, Beach Front
Date of Conference: Tuesday 15 to and including Thursday 17 January 2019
Followed by Post Conference Writing Clinic: Friday 18 January 2019
Research for inclusive, relevant and equitable quality Mathematics. Science and Technology Education:
Promoting research-based opportunity for all
View and download 2nd Announcement here for additional details concerning:
- Registration Fees
- SAARMSTE Awards
- Applicaiton for Financial Support
- Accommodation in Durban; Airport shuttles and taxis.
- NB To obtain discounted rates for SAARMSTE delegates requirinbg accommodation in Garden Court Marine Parade / Garden Court South Beach / Elangeni Maharani Hotels find reference numbers required for booking purposes ion page 8 of 2nd Announcement
- Registration to attend Conference 2019 open - See Home page for online registration
- Conference Paper and Programme News:
With the closure and reviewing process of paper submissions, some authors are busy with amendments, others are waiting for the programme to be announced to ensure their paper is included.
Once the programme is confirmed by those presenting it will be attached to the website for all to view.
It is anticipated the programme will be uploaded onto the website early December 2018
Added to our three Plenary Speakers (see below for information), this year's programme includes a Panel discussion. Details are:
Title: "Should Southern African MST Educaiton research prioritize focus on studies that can feed directly into development initiatives?"
Speaking to the above are: Science Educators: Professor Elizabeth Mavhunga and Professor Jan van Driel.
Mathematics Educators are:Professor Zain Davies and Dr Samantha Morrison
Post Conference Writing Clinic
The purpose of the Writing Clinic is to develop one's own personal paper, not to collect tips for authors.
See 2nd Announcement for details.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SAARMSTE CONFERENCE
Among the aims of SAARMSTE, according to its consitution are:
To foster a sense of community among researchers in MSTE
To promote research to improve and develop MSTE programmes in response to current and future needs
To organise annual conferences at which the results of MSTE research should be presented
1. Professor Robert Berry - University of Virginia (Mathematics) See attached for details
2. Professor Judith Lederman - Illinois Institute of Technology (Science) See attached for details
3. Dr Busisiwe Alant - University of KwaZulu-Natal (Technology See attached for details
NB: Previous books of Proceedings and of Abstracts are available to SAARMSTE members under the Members Only drop down menue entitled 'Conference Proceedings' Kindly note these are large files and therefore take some time to download
2. For those interested in the last programme 2018 see attached here